Recovery Decision Science has updated its CFPB Complaints Dashboard on its Public Tableau page. The data is current through the end of March. The dashboard includes a company-by-company analysis of response times to complaints to the CFPB. Users can select a company from the pull-down menu. Then, using the dot-plot, you can compare that company to any of the more than 81,000 companies in the CFPB database in terms of timely response to complaints. As you work with the dot-plot, remember that blue is positive, meaning timely responses, and orange is negative. Users can also do a deep dive on a company’s performance relative to a number of factors:
- Total number of complaints
- Complaints over time
- Percent of complaints that are responded to in a timely manner (i.e. within 30 days)
- Breakdown of product type (i.e. mortgage, debt collection)
- Source of complaint
- And if the consumer disputed the response
Below is a screenshot of the Complaints Dashboard. Here is what we see as of March, 2020:
- Consumer complaints are still at record highs, with nearly 52,000 filed with the CFPB in March.
- Of the 2.57 million complaints filed since reporting began in 2011, 98.2% have been resolved in a timely manner.
Next, we look at complaints by product type, as outlined in the screenshot below. Here’s what we learn:
- Complaints related to credit-reporting continue to grow, now representing 71% of all consumer complaints. This is an increase of 9 percentage points over 2021. The CFPB has identified “complaint response deficiencies of the Big Three Credit Bureaus” as the main culprit in the continued increases in credit reporting complaints. In a report published in January of this year, the CFPB said: “In 2021, Equifax, Experian and Transunion together reported relief in response to less than 2% of covered complaints, down from nearly 25% of covered complaints in 2019.”
- While complaints about mortgages are at an 11-year average of 13.6%, we see a continued reduction in mortgage-related complaints, which are now below 4% for 2022.
To view the entire interactive CFPB complaints dashboard on RDS Tableau Public, CLICK HERE.
To learn more about Recovery Decision Science, contact:
Kacey Rask : Vice-President, Portfolio Servicing
Kacey.firstname.lastname@example.org / 513.489.8877, ext. 261