The Next Generation
of Data Scientists
We gain strategic insights hidden in data sets by applying data science to optimize distressed consumer receivables account collections.
Who is Recovery Decision Science?
Recovery Decision Science leverages data science, servicing transparency, and compliance to optimize recovery results of consumer credit accounts. We help our clients extract actionable intelligence from their raw data and discover opportunities to increase revenues while mitigating risk.
Recovery Decision Science was created from our love for data. Working with our affiliate Unifund, we have spent decades perfecting our use of data science to predict and unlock the value of distressed receivables portfolios.
In 2013, we created Recovery Decision Science to share our advanced data analytics tools with our friends and colleagues around the receivables management industry. Since inception, we have focused on refining our models through servicing our numerous portfolios. We use machine learning to constantly improve our understanding of each metric and enhance our ability to apply data science to real business situations.
Our Leadership Team
Backed by the most advanced data analytics and visualization experts in the industry, our servicing team brings unmatched experience to every aspect of the collections process.
Jeff ShafferVP Information Technology and Analytics
VP Information Technology and Analytics
- Served in many leadership roles at Unifund over his tenure including: COO, Co-COO, VP of Information Technology and Analytics and Vice President of Operations.
- Serves as Joseph S. Stern Professor of Practice, Assistant Professor-Educator at the University of Cincinnati
Jonathan WallVP Growth & Partnerships
Kacey RaskVP Portfolio Servicing
The Scientists Behind The Data
Ethan HahnIT Manager, Data Analytics
IT Manager, Data Analytics
- Joined the company in 1997, led teams in numerous departments, integral in systems development, forecasting and modeling
- Serves in the US Army, including a tour in Iraq as a Data Scientist in 2019, and currently as a Reserve Drill Sergeant
Hamed NamavariData Scientist, PhD
Data Scientist, PhD
- Joined the Analytics Team in 2012, has three Master’s Degrees in Economics, Business, and Analytics, as well as a PhD in Economics
- Extensive experience in machine learning and deep learning, serves as Adjunct Professor at the University of Cincinnati
Kaveh BastaniData Scientist, PhD
Data Scientist, PhD
- Joined the Analytics Team in 2016, has a PhD in Industrial Engineering focused on statistical signal processing and Bayesian learning
- Extensive experience in machine learning, deep learning and computer vision with applications to consumer analytics
Kevin FlerlageManager, Business Intelligence
Manager, Business Intelligence
- Joined the Analytics Team in 2018, has a degree in Mathematics & Statistics and 20 years of experience in analytics
- Recognized as a Tableau (Analytics Software) Zen Master for his mastery of the product (fewer than 70 worldwide)
Dinushki De LiveraOperations Research Analyst
Dinushki De Livera
Operations Research Analyst
- Joined the Analytics Team in 2016, has a Master’s Degree in Economics, serves as Adjunct Professor at the University of Cincinnati
- Winner of the Women in Analytics data visualization competition and finalist in the Kantar Information is Beautiful competition
To create measurable change and keep a positive spirit alive in our community, Recovery Decision Science actively supports charitable organizations and participates in meaningful community service that helps our neighbors in need. We are committed to corporate social responsibility and our employees embrace community involvement by actively supporting various charities and charitable events throughout the year. We are proud to be strong advocates of the organizations we support and hope to inspire others around our community and our industry to get involved and improve the lives of people within our global community.
Giving Back to
Our team is very involved in the receivables management industry, assuming active leadership roles and participating in key trade associations like Receivables Management Association International, ACA International, and National Creditors Bar Association. We believe in giving back to our industry and regularly participate in conferences and other events to participate in the discussions that drive the future direction of our receivables management. We additionally provide FREE, public-facing dashboards to support our industry, including dashboards for CFPB complaints, latest trends in the housing market, unemployment rates, and much more. These dashboards are free to use and updated regularly.